Friday, March 18

Five Minutes on Waiting

START

waiting... I know the kind of waiting that Lisa-Jo is experiencing right now... I had 4 babies... 3 of which were LATE (10 days, 7 days and 5 days) apparently due dates mean little, but I am past that stage of waiting! so I will go a different direction.

I hate waiting... I know that impatience is a sin, so I need to work on it.  and I know that life isn't going anywhere; there is no reason to rush. But still I live my life by the clock, and get frustrated when people are late.  Now with 4 little kids, I am often late, which makes me impatient with my children, which makes life unpleasant for all, so I tell myself time and time again that I will not get distracted by things, pay attention to where I need to be and when, and NOT yell at my kids for "holding me up."

I know that waiting is good... I waited and prayed for 5 (or was it 6) years for God to provide us a larger home... and when He did, it was a doozy... so amazingly incredible and something I thank him for EVERY SINGLE DAY!!  If it had come sooner, I might have taken it for granted, but he waited until our 2 bedroom trailer was stuffed to the gills and then answered in a  big way ... another story that can't be told in 5 minutes, but someday I will tell you about it!

Waiting... even now for God to give me an "easy" button so that I will be more like Him... changed into His likeness, so that I don't mind waiting because God knows waiting... and He is waiting for us "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

STOP

(okay, I got interrupted by a little one, lost track of my 5 minutes! :)




This is the place where once a week we take the chance to
just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not.
For five minutes flat.
Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I want an easy button too! And I like to live my life by the clock, or rather, the calendar. The clock seems like expecting too much these days. :) Thank you for the "He is waiting on us. . . " Such an important reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. God has been teaching me a great deal lately about waiting (on His timing). When I am willing to obey, grow and learn through the waiting there's always a beautiful blessing waiting for me at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate being late as well, and I never really thought about how that makes me impatient with the kids (I also have 4). Thanks for giving me something to pause and think about. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...