Tuesday, February 14

Impressions

We are all flawed women Loved by a Flawless God!

So, I have agreed to be a group leader for our church for this great women's conference... which means, I am supposed to let every one know about it, give them all the details for signing up, encourage them to invite others, promote it... make sure it gets put in the bulletin, etc. I have known about the details for almost 2 months and still I have done NOTHING. When I was talking to my friend about how I was so not on the ball for this great conference, an idea came to me... I could write a blog post about it! Obviously, I can't put the whole post in the bulletin, but hopefully it will give me a springboard for promoting this at my church.

and just so you all know, this is open to all women, everywhere, so if this interests you, PLEASE let me know; I invite you be a part of my group!!
 


So here are 10 things you need to know about LYFE 2012 (Living Your Faith Everyday)


1. When is it? June 7-9, 2012 (Thursday evening through Saturday late afternoon) Check in is held Thursday, from 3-7pm giving you plenty of time to settle in.

2. Where is it? On the campus of Baptist Bible College, located in the beautiful hills of Northeast Pennsylvania.

3. Who is going to be there? The Keynote Speaker is Liz Curtis Higgs... How awesome is that? Her heart is for women and I am looking forward to hearing her speak!!

4. Who else is going to be there? 3-2-1 Improv is the welcome entertainment on Thursday night. Check out their website to learn more about them. I have seen them in person 3 times now and it's funny every time... each show is different based on suggestions from the audience... so be planning now for outrageous laughter!!

5. What else do you need to know? The FOOD is delicious... not like college campus food at all. The kitchen staff goes all out for this event and the food is excellent. and the banquet on Friday night, I am just drooling thinking about the delicious food!!

6. How much does it cost? Early registration (by April 15) is just $100 ... add $30 if you want to stay in the dorms. If you wait until after April 15, it will cost you just $130!! This includes 3 Keynote sessions and 4 Workshops, Thursday nights comedy and candlelight banquet and concert Friday night.

7. A concert? who? Damaris Carbaugh, an incredibly talented woman who has sung with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.  Her songs have touched my heart!

8. LYFE store: There is even a little shop with t-shirts, bags, pens, memorabilia, sweatshirts, cups/mugs, other fun stuff... it's different every year. and the proceeds from this shop support a scholarship for young women committed to full-time ministry.

9. Do you need coffee?  They have an awesome coffee shop RIGHT on campus... way more affordable than Starbucks, and just as good!

10. Where can I find out more?  leave me a comment, email me, or go visit the LYFE website.

linking up with OhAmanda for Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten {Tuesday}

1 comment:

  1. Love this conference! Ladies be sure to sign up. It is worth every minute!! The food is amazing, the fellowship is great, and best of all you can learn about God without any distractions (kids, dishes, laundry, you name it) for 48 hours! Please come!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...