Thursday, February 3

Typography Birthday Card

I finally got a chance to sit in my craft room again!!  Last night I sat there and had absolutely NO ideas for handmade cards!  I was just drawing a blank and after 2 snowdays, my brain was mush!!  So of course, I turned to the internet for ideas and challenges to get my brain stimulated, and I came across this...

Visit thecsiproject.com


I am so glad I did, because most of my ideas come from other people's cards, and it was so nice to find a challenge that works for ANYTHING crafty!!  I am just not sure how "inspiring" my creation is!  It seemed soo much better in my head than it turned out, but you can bet I will be playing with it again!  I just have to show you what I came up with so far, because the linky/contest ends tomorrow!!!

So here is my Typography Creation!
I love to make handmade/ handstamped notecards!  My friends and family love to receive them (although I am not fantastic about actually mailing them!)  I make them in large quantities for my mom and sister... they are much better at sending real mail!  I am also  trying to make a go of it with my online shop...

So when I saw the typography idea, I knew that I had multiple Happy Birthday stamps that would make a nice collage for a handstamped card. I was able to get back down to my craft room for a little bit this afternoon.

I sponged the card in Real Red, Garden Green, and Marina Mist (Stampin' Up colors).  Then I stamped various phrases in each of those colors, cut them out and sponged the edges of each sentiment and layered them on the card. This helped me get over my fear of lining everything up perfectly.  I am also a fan of coordinating/matching envelopes, so I shaded an envelope flap and added the birthday balloon.


 After I was done with that, I decided to give it a go of directly on the card. I kept this card monochromatic and accented it with some ribbon. I actually like it better, although the camera lighting doesn't do it justice.

So I am looking for some feedback... what do you think?  would you buy a card like this? what do you think of a Typography multi-pack, with a variety of sentiments?  (thinking of you, get well soon, birthday, anniversary...)

be sure to go to The CSI Project for a TON of great Typography ideas!!  You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...