Monday, April 18

7 gifts each day

So this week, I printed the lovely 7 gifts gratitude booklet that Ann Voskamp is offering as a free printable to her blog subscribers...(check out the "free gifts for you" link)  It made me feel more poetic just holding it in my hands.  Maybe soon it will end up in one of my picture of the day shots... when I remember to print it in color instead of black and white!

So here are my gifts for this week... as written in my 7 gifts gratitude booklet

Sunday
401. everybody read for church early
402. tylenol for a headache
403. singing in church
404. tacos for lunch
405. chatting with my sister on the phone
406. kissing my hubby with minty fresh breath
407. getting to bed on time

Monday
408. everything bagels
409. wild turkeys in the field
410. open windows
411. skipping naptime
412. running in the rain with my girls
413. phone call from a friend
414. Springtime subway art


Tuesday
415. laundry folded and put away
416. "I love yous" from my kids
417. first dandelion of the season from my daughter
418. kids devouring dinner
419. a garbage bag of clutter cleaned out of my son's room
420. a reminder from a friend to read Psalm 130
421. a bowl of ice cream

Wednesday
422. birds singing in the morning
423. getting the kids ready for school on time (by myself)
424. no injuries in accident today (minor fender bender, but emotional!)
425. Having a friend at Subway just when I needed her
426. Grands Biscuit pizzas for dinner
427. a quick stop at Starbucks
428. being able to cry

Thursday
429. solid night sleep
430. fellowship and prayer at Mom's Alive
431. being featured on another blog
432. coffee from the Underground Cafe ... love that place
433. a walk with a friend... while our kids ran around
434. watching a chick flick
435. making it through another day of "single parenting"

Friday
436. a day (6 hours) to myself
437. reading the Psalms
438. making handmade cards ...I haven't taken any pictures of them yet.
439. kisses from my 3 YO
440. the kids playing outside
441. Dove Dark Chocolate
442. fresh clean sheets

Saturday
443. long, hot shower
444. lunch at Wendy's with the girls
445. another quick visit with my friend while killing time in town
446. a warm dry house in the midst of a storm
447. a quiet afternoon
448. my wonderful husband arriving home safe after 4 days away
449. going to bed early! :)

and a bonus (450.)... An Eastern Bluebird in my back yard!!

so much fun to count with this booklet... looking forward to it again this week!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list! I especially love #416 :)

    I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog during Holy Week! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

    Celebrating His resurrection,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you're using Ann's booklet... it is such a sweet little place to write our thankfulness each day. #420 got me thinking: do I remind the friends in my heart to search the Scriptures? Many blessings to you and yours this Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Donna Rae. . . . first, I had to go read the Psalm and it was just what I needed today. Second, i was impressed that someone would remind you to read a portion of Scripture. I don't do that enough either. Thank you for that reminder. Thank you for Psalm 130. Just thank you for being here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful week of gifts! Playing in the rain, how fun! So grateful for #424. Yay for handmade cards! :) I look forward to seeing a bluebird in the yard... they haven't built a nest in a few years. I have missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful list of praises, no injuries - God is good. I hope the repairs go smoothly. Love your capturing of the blue Jay they are so beautiful. We have starlings by the thousands here and quails and such, your blue jay reminds me of springs coming, full of color. have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...