Monday, August 22

Gratitude

reposting has been good for me... occasionally, it's a message I need to hear again... ya know, being thankful and all!! :) This one is from Monday, November 17, 2008. This was the year I posted something every day in the month of November about things I was thankful for. I thought it was appropriate to re-post for Multitude Monday!




I will be honest with you... My thankful posts have been very hard work the last few days.  I mentioned being in the pits, and boy, am I in the pits.  I have struggled with the time I spend on the computer reading and writing blogs (mostly reading) and other things.  the things that take me from the stuff I should be doing around my house, etc.   However, I know that I don't want to give it up completely, because it often gives me great things to think about.  here are some things I have read today.

A quote from "the generous wife" emails I receive

     Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.     Henry Van Dyke

from Jill Savage...

But I remembered something I wrote in my book My Heart's at Home. (Yes, even authors are convicted by their own words!) The question I asked was "Am I a dream-taker or a dream-maker?"

a blog someone else recommended that I had never visited before...
Gratitude is the “taste berry” of Christianity, and when our hearts are filled with gratitude, nothing that God sends us seems unpleasant to us.


from Proverbs 31 devotionals

Dear Lord, grant me the courage to be the parent You want me to be. Help me control my temper and my anger, so that I can discipline my children in a loving way that will help them see You in me. Help me both display and teach godly character. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


and so much more, but I have other things to do...

So, Today, Monday, November 17, I am thankful for

stuff that makes me think (even though my brain is mush right now and quite the mixed up mess)
my girls, who are so quick to love and so quick to forgive me
my husband, who prayed with me/for me before he left for work
the anticipation of bible study tonight and learning more about Psalm 57
my friend Sue, who won't give up on me!!

see, I was counting the gifts, even before I started keeping track of the 1000, the infinite gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...