Monday, January 23

Joy Dare ~week 3

I am seriously having so much fun with this... it's amazing how I am looking for the gifts more now that I have to be specific. You should really check out Ann Voskamp's Joy Calendar!!  If I list something that seems silly, or doesn't make sense, you just have to check out her calendar to see what I'm looking for each day!

January 16:
46. Happiness moment no.1: 5YO reaction when I read FOUR books to her in one sitting!
47. Happiness moment no.2: kids greeting me when I returned home from the grocery store!
48. Happiness moment no.3: 4YO facial expression when she shot her 8YO brother with the nerf gun!

January 17:
49. my 6YO writing a story... about castles!

50. husband's flexible job when my van had a flat tire
51. bedtime


January 18: this was 3 gifts from God's Word... it's kinda hard to find the gifts when you aren't in the word, I'm sorry to say.  However, God did give me one that day, and some others throughout the week!


52. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" Philippians 4.  this came to mind as I panicked over a car repair bill... 4 new tires for our van, plus new brakes, etc... it was a little scary!!  Now I know that my definition of "needs" and God's definition aren't always the same, but I still know that God will provide for me and my family.

53. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Pastor spoke on this verse Sunday.  God loved me when I was unlovely; He GAVE; I just have to believe... Everlasting, abundant life is mine!!



54. Isaiah 12 I just keep working on memorizing this...
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.



January 19:
55. thankful for my 4YO birthday girl, with breakfast muffin

56. thankful for brief sunshine
57. thankful for homemade chocolate frosting


January 20:
58. the warmth of my sun porch on this chilly day
59. reading to my 4YO who needed up close mommy time
60. some great blog posts... and remembering this about my kids... "You is kind, you is smart, you is important"

January 21:
61. Snow FINALLY falling  ...and for some reason, I didn't take a SINGLE picture!!
62. 6YOgirl's memory of making french toast a long time ago,
63. ugly beautiful of prep to play in snow

bonus memory ... making Peanut Butter and Jelly crackers with my sisters on Sunday nights... and doing it with my kids instead! :)




January 22:
64. Yummy bacon (that's wrinkly, right?) on potato soup;

65. smooth baby tooth falling out of 6YO's mouth

66. FINALLY folding 6 loads of laundry (while watching football)

Some other gifts this week...

individuality (yes, that is flowers with plaid!)

AWANA Grand Prix fun... the kids creativity, making cars with Daddy, have fun at the race, Nathaniel winning for design!!



come count with me!

1 comment:

  1. Aww... you family is precious and your gifts are wonderful! Happy birthday to your sweet girl. Her smiling at those birthday candles is so cute! Making those cars looks like so much fun. What a great project with dad! :) Loved your list... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...