Thursday, March 1

Scripture for the soul

Sometimes the best words are God's Words... just wanted to share some verses I am dwelling on this week.


Psalm 25:15 
Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

James 1:19-20 
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Colossians 3:14-15
And above all these things put on charity which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

To you, these verses may be all over the place and not connected in any way, but in my heart and in my mind, they are intertwined and all being hidden in my heart. Part of last year's Siesta Scripture Memory Team... still reviewing, still meditating!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful verses -- food for the soul, indeed! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on Saved by Grace! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow mine Saved by Grace also:
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
    Love in Him,
    Laurie Collett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 16:24--good stuff. Thanks for the moment in the Word. I found you at Thought Provoking Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, they are all connected. I'm becoming increasingly aware that our beliefs and actions are so much more like a woven cloth than like an organized shelf with boxes, each storing some seperate belief or action. If we try to pull one thread from the cloth, it unravels. Pondering....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...