Monday, October 8
Just thank God
Another two weeks come and gone and some slow counting of the gifts... However God is gracious, full of lovingkindness and blesses me abundantly. He keeps reminding me that giving thanks is where it's at.
I read this last week
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases: Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Colossians 3:14-15 (the whole chapter is good, but these were some verses I focused on)
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
and heard this song ...
Here are some of the lines...
I live a good life
I love a great wife
Our kids are beautiful
We got friends
If I'm so Thankful
Why do I easily forget
oh, that You died for all of this
Should've been me
Should've been us
Should've been there hanging on the cross
All of this shame
All of these scars
Should've been stains That were never washed
Why do I hide
Why do You try over and over and over again
I guess it just leaves me saying "thank God"
and so I just keep counting
852. church, just so thankful for my church
853. adjusting to changed plans
854. a quiet college library
855. a friend lending a hand.
856. Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha
857. ragweed bouquet from my daughter (quickly returned to the outside)
858. finding fun comfy shoes for Allume
859. finding a missing bag with some needed stuff
860. a new battery for the van
861. hubby's flexible job
862. Five Minute Friday --the one day I actually write
863. visiting a new shop... and buying new jewelry
864. Sunday dinner out
865. kids losing teeth
866. Wendy's frosty for the kids
867. my writing class ... I'm mostly loving it
868. bright Coleman lantern to read by when the power goes out.
and Starting October right by returning to the JoyDare for my #1000gifts list...
Find the October JoyDare here
October 1 gifts ORANGE:
870. trees in autumn
871. orange juice
872. glowing sunsets
October 2 FALLING:
875. my kids' teeth falling out
876. falling into my bed at night!
877. CAUGHT writing time tonight
878. when I LET my kids GO to Awana/learn verses.
879. Laughed at squirrel sitting MIDWAY across powerline
October 4 REAPED:
880. watching the farmers harvest fields
881. reaping benefit of prayer
882. discipline yielding the peace of righteousness.
October 5 RETURNED
883. going back to school for writing
885. hubby returning from work early to prepare for our evening.
October 6 REDEEMED:
886. I've been redeemed
887. when I redeem my days with the right things!
October 7 BAKED, STIRRED, EATEN
888. breakfast cheesecake to share with church friends
889. stirring spaghetti sauce for dinner
890. angel creme donuts from Krispy Kreme to end the day...