Thursday, July 18

Hot, hot, hot!


I told myself (and you) that I was going to give myself grace this week... so here's to grace and the fact that I didn't blog yesterday. and here's hoping that I can get this short little post written and posted before bedtime.



If you are in my neck of the woods (or basically anywhere in the Eastern United States--and maybe Canada, too) then you are doing a little bit of sweating this week... or probably a lot!

My air conditioning units can hardly keep up with this heat. But I'm trying not to complain, because we are managing to keep the humidity out. I'm just not a fan of sitting and sweating. Also, I'm just not motivated to do anything.

Especially, I don't feel like cooking. Every time I use my kitchen I feel like the house temperature goes up five degrees.. and I'm not even using the oven. But I can only eat so much salad... and we are going through cheese like mad.

It's even too hot to think, which is why nothing is getting done and I'm falling behind on the whole blog every day thing for the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

We've been super lazy and the girls even had a pajama day today. It was nice, but it didn't stop me from letting "circumstances rob me of the joy of my salvation." I have been just a little bit on edge, and unfortunately my kids (and my husband) have suffered.

I read truth in God's Word and truth on Ann Voskamp's blog... and then I am in the heat of the moment and *kaboom* I fly off the handle.... just a little frustrating!

Just this morning in my hellomornings study, I was reviewing John 17 and 18...
So I wrote down a few things as a reminder for myself.

John 17:20 "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word"  ... That's ME!! Jesus prayed for me!!
vs. 21 "That they all may be one" --When we live in unity, the world will believe that God sent Jesus into this world... so why don't we live in unity?!??!

John 18:20-21 "I spake openly to the world: I taught in the synagogue, and in the temple... Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said."  Do I know what Jesus has said? Do I know His words? Do I live accordingly? so that others see truth in me?

More often than not, I'm like Peter --maybe not denying with my words, but with my chocies and actions.  "Art not thou also one of his disciples?"  If I follow Jesus and His Truth, my life should reflect that. The Fruit of the Spirit should be harvested in my thoughts, words, actions!

Can Others See Jesus in me?!?

A friend of Julia's sang this song at her funeral and I wonder if anyone (my kids especially) could say the same of me?


I saw Jesus in you,
I saw Jesus in you,
I could hear His voice in the words you said-
I saw Jesus in you,
In your eyes I saw His care,
I could see His love was there,
You were faithful,
And I saw Jesus in you,

I write this as a reminder for myself, but maybe you can learn something, too

Community conversation: How are you staying cool in this heat?  Do you have a truth in Scripture that you have a hard time remembering... in the moment?  Can others see Jesus in You?



4 comments:

  1. Great words here tonight friend. Trying to keep heat to a minimum outside and inside. For outside there's to pool, but you can't stand to even stay too long. For inside, there is much praying and counting from 10 to 1. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I pray that others can see Jesus in me. It can be hard sometimes, you know? I guess that's where the grace part comes in, I need to give myself more of it. I liked reading those verses in that version, I usually read from NIV, I'm guessing that is KJ? Much needed reminder, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like Jesus is the last person people see in me :( I am glad you wrote. Be blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true for all of us, Julie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Scripture and the song! love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...