Wednesday, October 16

#31Days of Dove Promises-Sixteen

  
Will I find a Dove Promise to go with what is on my heart tonight? Time will tell. 
Tonight, I'm going to talk about my Dad. I will look through my stash of promises in the morning.

EDIT:  Two days later, and I'm back to update this post. I found a few good ones, and they may come up in the next few days... but here is the one I'm adding to this post... because my Dad, he has a great laugh!!!


 photo d85daa1a31bbb5fe9a7fed5f1dcaf197_zps995b4b81.jpg



There are a few things I inherited from my dad.

Blonde hair and blue eyes
my left-handedness
an Eeyore-like personality
a love for reading (especially Westerns---it's been some time, but I read most of Louis L'Amour's books in my teen years)
an abhorrence of all things related to change
an interest in writing (although that was later in life... is my 30s later in life?)
and my love for Dark Chocolate

and then there are the sayings...

"Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light"
"Think very carefully before sacrificing the permanent on the altar of the immediate"
"Do what you know is right"

We had a little scare over the last few days... the details are fuzzy to me because most of them were second/third hand. But the short story is... My dad had chest pain. A good friend said, "Get thee to the doctor." My dad listened. Went in for an angiogram that he waited ALL DAY for! They found some serious blockage. He had two stents (or is it stints?) put in. They sent him home. And now there is recovery time and hopefully a return to normal life.

But it makes you think and ponder and reflect, which makes me want to write even when I'm not sure what to say. My Dad has been my biggest encourager when it comes to my writing... not that he ever comments on my blog  because he doesn't ever use a computer, but he's hoping that some day I will write the book that he hasn't... although he still has time it seems!! (I might have to work on my long, run-on sentences if I ever want to be published)

So tonight, I think about my dad and I think about writing... and I thank God that we still have time with him and I hope someday I can write a book... for my dad.

It will mention chocolate once or twice, I'm sure!


Community Conversation: What have you inherited from your dad (or mom) that shows up when you least expect it?  What makes you want to sit and write?  and for my mom and sisters, what other sayings does Dad say, that would make perfect "dove promises" that I just can't think of this late at night?





Yes, I hope to share one promise every day and will give you a quick link to each day at the bottom of this post. So bookmark it, , or just subscribe to my blog and we can enjoy a little bit of chocolate together every day this month.

and if you have lots of time to spare, check out all the #31Days topics at The Nester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...