Tuesday, August 19

Five Minute Friday: Tell

I wanna be a writer... really, I do! But somewhere along the way I have to find my reason, my drive, my passion.  Until I do, I will just continue to attempt Five Minute Friday in the hopes that someday, some where, somehow, the writing will improve and I will find my voice and my vision for the future...

This week, I'm not going to wait until the last possible moment. I will MAKE myself sit down and write, and I will share it here... (for real, I wrote this on Sunday... I just procrastinated until now to get it on my blog...aaarrgghh)

How can I not with a prompt like Tell:


Would it shock you to know that I've been blogging on and off for over 10 years?!?!?  It was shortly after my firstborn son turned one that my husband opened me to the world of blogging. It was an outlet, a way to inform family on the antics of our baby and growing family, etc. Over the years, I've wondered what my purpose is in blogging... what am I trying to tell the world? I tried my hand at photography, counting the one thousand gifts, sharing recipes and craft projects, and the dear to my heart handmade cards. But it also became the birthing place for my desire to be a writer.



Lately, I've been struggling with that desire because I've been unmotivated to put that desire into action... and just Friday morning I read the following on the Allume blog...

What’s your end game in blogging? What is the ultimate goal you hope to accomplish with this?

And I will ponder that and think through my goals and purpose. The other struggle I've had is with all the verses in the Bible that show the wisdom in keeping your mouth shut... "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." ... and "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" and I think, does the world really need to hear what I have to say? Or should I just keep my mouth shut and my pen silent?

And then God brings to mind the verses where He commands us to tell the generations to come (Joshua 22:27-28) His mighty works, His goodness, His miracles. And while I haven't figured out the how, the why, the when; I do know that I can use this blog to tell of the unsearchable riches of Jesus Christ.  Sometimes it will be sloppy and choppy and maybe, hopefully, someday it will be eloquent and life changing to some one... even just one reader.

So, I will tell of the wonders of my God and pray that you will join me in sharing testimony to the great things He has done!

Psalm 145:4 “One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.”
Psalm 79:13 “ Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will praise you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise.”
Psalm 71:15-16 “My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. 


STOP:

Now get thee over to Kate Motaung's place and read some more great five minutes and tell them what their words mean to you!

And take a moment in the comments to share what great things God has done for you this week!

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from FMF (I was late writing this week). I also have struggled with a purpose for my blog and a purpose for my writing. For now, I've decided that my blog and my writing is for me. For me to express myself, for me to share my life to others (mostly relatives and close friends) who want to keep up with me, and for me to put into words favourite memories so I can remember them for years to come.
    Thanks for the reminder of the Bible's words that share that our purpose on this world is to tell of God's love to the world. That is always something good to remember when we feel like our words are not important.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...