Wednesday, October 8

Handmade Cards: Say

Five Minute Free Writes: Say

(this is actually finally being typed on Saturday, but I'm post-dating it to Wednesday in hopes of catching up)

What can I say? I am a procrastinator and not very good at managing my time. Life got away from me this week and I'm trying to catch it. THREE WHOLE DAYS without a blogpost in my #write31days challenge has got me a little far behind. Do I try to catch up and post 2 posts a day for the next week, or do I just let it go and pick up where I left off...

All this week I've been thinking about the prompt say. It only takes a moment to say something encouraging to someone. and it only takes a few minutes to write something encouraging. And it truly only takes a few minutes to whip up a simple handmade card to make your note even more encouraging!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Handmade is so much fun to give and receive.  The card I'm sharing today is so simple ANYONE could make it. Just a little bit of card stock (white or colored), some fun washi tape and maybe some flower accents!!

Step 1: cut cardstock in half
Step 2: add some washi tape at an angle and trim
Step 3: Write a quick "thinking of you" with coordinating marker (or stamp it if you have it)
Step 4: Accent with flowers
Step 5: Write a note inside and send it!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos



The challenge is this: Can you buy some washi tape and card stock and send an encouragement note this week? Do it, then come back and tell me you did!! I know you can do it!




 photo 31dayscards_zps8b890be3.jpg

My word prompt came from Kate Motaung who is doing 31 days of 5 minute free writes this month!
Five minutes of writing is about all I can squeeze in these days, but it's better than no writing!!

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment as I get moving again in writing and creating... (it might just benefit you at the end of our time this month)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...