Tuesday, February 15

Wear Love ...and other verses I need

This year, I am participating in the LPM Blog Siesta Scripture Memory Team #SSMT on twitter  I know that I need to hide God's Word in my heart, and the accountability is definitely helping.  Yesterday, I realized that the 15th was coming and that meant it was time for another verse... I had nothing.  So I decided to read through the comments of those that had already chosen their verse for the second half of February!  The first verse I read, just slammed me!!

“And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.” Colossians 3:14 The Message

I did a great job of putting on love yesterday... being Valentine's Day and all.  But today... not so much!!  My kids have felt the brunt of my grumpy attitude; I know I need an attitude adjustment!  So I knew that this was the verse I will be working on for the rest of this month!!  But I didn't stop reading, I kept reading verses and kept finding more great verses that I have memorized before, or that I need to add to my list... so I am going to give my Top Ten Scriptures (in KJV) from the comments of SSMT verse 4!

Colossians 3:12-14  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
(PUT ON LOVE... it holds everything together!)
 
Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
(think before you speak)

1 John 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
(don't beat yourself up when you make a mistake... get up and move on)

Isaiah 40:29  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
(when I have nothing left, He gives me strength)

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
(it's not about me)

Psalm 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
(God hasn't forgotten my requests, God's love endures forever)

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
(oh, my mouth is soo powerful... too powerful!  May what I say, may my heart be God's heart!)

I Peter 3:3-4 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
(once again, it's the inside that makes me beautiful to God and those around me... not my fading looks)

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
(I am resting in His love today... He rejoices in me!)

Ephesians 5:18-20 but be filled with the Spirit;  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(...filled with the Spirit, giving thanks always)

linked to
Top Ten {Tuesday}

3 comments:

  1. Great verses! The mouth is very powerful. Thanks for sharing them, a few I had not read before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many verses I need to memorize. It really is amazing how Gods word can come alive in everyday situations. It is always good to have it hidden in our hearts! I gave you an award you can check it out here http://justdevinestyle.blogspot.com/2011/02/award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 19:14 is one of my faves!

    What a great list! And now I have to check out #SSMT.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...