Tuesday, November 22

Pilgrims and Indians

I don't know if they do this in the public schools, or not, but in the Christian school that my kids attend, they do a Thanksgiving dinner... EVERY YEAR. and the kids get to dress up as Pilgrims or Indians ... EVERY YEAR!  and while I am becoming much more crafty than I used to be, the thought of making costumes each year strikes fear in my heart.  Mostly because I don't want to spend a lot of money, but also because I have no clue how to make things that look AWESOME.

However, this year, I think I did a pretty good job!!



Here's my Top 10 to Thanksgiving costumes!

1. GOOGLE IT!  It is amazing the awesome ideas you find on the internet!

2. Facebook plea... asking friends and family for any old costumes, ideas, something that would work for Thanksgiving dinner dress up.  and give thanks when one donates an Indian costume and another donates black skirt!



3. Shop Salvation Army... on half price Wednesday and buy brown T shirts for 50 cents!  I was also hoping to score a black shirt/skirt for my pilgrim but that didn't happen.

4. Fringe bottom of said 50 cent tshirt.  If I had been thinking I also would have fringed the sleeves... next year!

5. take paint and make stripes to look like war paint on T shirt.

6. Make Indian headband out of construction paper, with a few feathers taped on.


7. Shop Walmart... or any other crafty store and buy white handkerchiefs and white ribbon

8. Follow instructions on awesome web tutorial that you found while Googling, for bonnet, collar and apron, USING hot glue gun of course, because I don't own a sewing machine.


9. try on costumes to make sure everything fits... and say who cares if it doesn't

10. Take a ton of pictures where only one turns out and send them off to school!! :)

It was a great year for costumes this year!

Linking up with Top Ten Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...