Wednesday, March 21

Bacon Feta Chicken

I salivate just thinking about this delicious concoction. When I made it this time, I came to the conclusion that my family is finally big enough that I need to actually do a full recipe. My kids actually like this one... and cutting a little bit of chicken off of mine isn't working anymore. I have been halving it for years (except for the bacon and feta cheese... you can never have too much)!!

Here is the full recipe

Bacon Feta Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup feta cheese (or more)
1/4 cup crumbled bacon (or more)
salt/pepper to season
1 Tbsp oil (or bacon grease) to brown chicken in
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp basil

Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.

Fill with bacon and cheese, secure with toothpicks.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Brown chicken in oil (or bacon grease for more flavor)


Add undrained cans of tomatoes to skillet. Sprinkle with basil.

Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Uncover and simmer 5 minutes longer until chicken is no longer pink and tomato mixture is thickened.

Printable Recipe





mmm.... so delicious!! :)
linking up with Feasting in Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...