Thursday, June 28

The Path before me

While I was on my blogging break, Lisa-Jo did a Five Minute Friday prompt of PATH. So although I wasn't blogging, I did read her post and thought a little bit about the word path. And then I kept seeing it in my Bible reading and I just kept thinking about it.


Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalm 142:3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.

Psalm 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Sometimes the path is unclear and I'm unsure of myself, but I should never be unsure of Him. Sometimes the path seems wide... sometimes narrow.

Sometimes, I just plain old don't like the path I'm on. Sometimes, there is something or someone on the path before me that is just blocking my way, slowing me down.


And sometimes, I get it right, and I let Him direct my paths, and I find fulness of joy in His presence. He gives me light; He shows me His ways.
And even when I'm overwhelmed, He knows the steps I should take... and it's delightful!

What path are you on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...