Wednesday, August 15

Divine Promises



Sometimes I don't blog, because I feel like it needs to be long to be important... or at least a little longer than I have time for. But I still have thoughts I want to share, so I might try to post just little thoughts...

As you might know, I have been reading through The Valley of Vision ever since the Allume Fast I participated in back in June.  I kinda slacked off a little bit last week, but I jumped back in this week and continue to be blessed by the prayers and poems in the book. Such an encouragement to me and an example of truths to pray.


Just wanted to share another one with you today!

Divine Promises (p132)


Glorious Jehovah, My Covenant God,
All thy promises in Christ Jesus are yea and amen,
    and all shall be fullfilled.

Thou hast spoken them, and they shall be done,
    commanded, and they shall come to pass.

Yet I have often doubted them,
    have lived at times as if there were no God.

Lord, forgive me that death in life,
    when I have found something apart from thee,
    when I have been content with ephermeral things.
But through thy grace I have repented;
Thou hast given me to read my pardon in the wounds of Jesus,
    and my soul doth trust in him, my God incarnate,
    the ground of my life, the spring of my hope.

Teach me to be resigned to thy will, 
     to delight in thy law, 
     to have no will but thine,
     to believe that everything thou doest is for my good.
Help me to leave my concerns in thy hands,
     for thou hast power over evil,
     and bringest from it an infinite progression of good,
     until thy purposes are fulfilled.
Bless me with Abraham's faith that staggers not at promises through unbelief. (<-- tweet that)

May I not instruct thee in my troubles,
      but glorify thee in my trials;
Grant me a distinct advance in the divine life;
      May I reach a higher platform,
      leave the mists of doubt and fear in the valley,
      and climb to hilltops of eternal security in Christ
         by simply believing he cannot lie,
         or turn from his purpose.
  
Give me the confidence I ought to have in him
     who is worthy to be praised, and who is blessed for evermore.


WIPWednesday


Believe God's promises today and live like it!


1 comment:

  1. I've never read these myself, but I've read ones shared by several folks. They are always so good! So much can be learned from them.

    Thanks for linking up friend! Short posts are great! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...