Thursday, October 10

#31Days of Dove Promises-Ten

Today's Dove promise has a little story with it... One that I actually started writing right after I ate the chocolate, because sometimes inspiration hits and you take it. This happened back in the Spring while I was in the middle of taking a British Literature course!

Happiness looks great on you.


 photo SAM_1465_zps441f52e1.jpg


I ate the piece of chocolate that accompanied this message when I was in quite the foul mood. I had a moment of selfishness and impatience earlier in the day and just couldn't shake my frustrations with the whole world (but namely, my husband and kids). I was not feeling very beautiful. I was not feeling very happy. I knew that nobody wanted to be around me, and frankly, I didn't want to be around anybody else.

I had an excuse. I had a paper to write for class. It was a Saturday afternoon, and I ate my sandwich for lunch all by myself and did my research. And then my husband brought me a piece of chocolate to give me a boost in my studying. And I sure wasn't happy before I opened this chocolate, but reading this Dove Promise gave me pause and I reflected and made a sincere effort to redeem the rest of the day.

Ironically, the book I was researching was Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, a pretty dark book about the condition of the heart of man and imperialism and all that jazz.  The irony was not lost on me. Sometimes God can use a fiction book written over a hundred years ago, and a message on a piece of chocolate to teach you something spiritual.

Here's to looking great because of happiness...

Community Conversation: What makes you happy? What makes you look (or feel) great? and most importantly, What unique thing has God used to teach you something?


 photo 1abc6359-4158-4bb8-974f-49cf3060c5d5_zpsec059870.jpg

Yes, I am working to share one promise every day. To see all my #31Days of Dove Promises head to this page and bookmark it, pin it, or just subscribe to my blog and we can enjoy a little bit of chocolate together every day this month.

and if you have lots of time to spare, check out all the #31Days topics at The Nester!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...