Monday, August 24

Five Minute Friday: Find

A little Five Minute Friday (on Monday)



"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~Charles Buxton

"Lost time is never found again." ~Proverb

"To choose time is to save time." ~Francis Bacon

"You love what you find time to do." ~Unknown  (<== click to tweet)

"Take care in your minutes, and the hours will take care of themselves" ~Lord Chesterfield

Time management quotes always make me a little sick to my stomach, because I'm awful at it. I can never seem to find the time I need for the things that I say are of great importance to me.  Writing, quality reading, making cards, sending cards, maybe even reading to my kids (although that may be pushing it... Reading my Bible and spending time in prayer, investing in the lives of those around me, even exercise.

Constantly I wonder, why can't I find time for this or that? Then I realize it's because I haven't wanted it bad enough. I say I love to do these things, but actions speak louder than words.



When I have a few minutes to spare, I think it's too little time to get into a project or focus on a task I want to complete, so instead I fritter away 5-10 minutes on iphone games, facebook and instagram, brainless TV or novels, and the like... and before I know it, I've lost an hour and will never get it back.

What if I took those 5-10 minutes and stretched my brain or chose a chunk of a task? It's possible that an hour later I will look up from my task and see accomplishment. I don't need to focus on the hours when I start, just five minutes here and five minutes there, making the time for the things I say matter in my life. I might even find my motivation again.





So thankful I "found" time to write and join Five Minute Friday today. Maybe you will too?

1 comment:

  1. "You love what you find time to do." ~Unknown
    THIS spoke to me! I need to use my little bits of time and reject the idea that I need HUGE chunks to accomplish some of my projects. THANKS for the reminder.
    Hey...when can we meet up!?? Wegmans is open 24 hours...haha!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...