Tuesday, January 17

Grace in 2012


Last year, my word for focus was Joy... I was going to choose Joy in any and every situation... when I look back on 2011, I realized that I missed out on so many occasions. I failed, I forgot, I got grumpy, I let my feelings and circumstances control my response instead of living out the Abundant Life God has given me! So I was a little nervous about choosing another word for the year... and then it came to me...
GRACE!

I know and believe that I have been SAVED by Grace, but sometimes (more often than not) I forget that I LIVE by Grace, God's Grace!  so in honor of Top Ten Tuesday, here's 10 things on Grace!

1. GRACE, according to Dictionary.com:  favor or goodwill. a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior. mercy; clemency; pardon.

2. "Grace is receiving something we don't deserve but desperately need."  Grace Based Parenting... oh isn't that the truth!! 

3. Isaiah 12 is a chapter I am working to memorize this year. The word Grace does not appear, but the first verse shouts grace from every line... "And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me."

4. The same Grace that saved me from eternal life in hell is the same Grace that gets me through each and every day.  It's the same Grace that God gives to me in every situation. God's grace is what allows me to bring glory to him...

5. Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.

6. Ephesians 2:4-9  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

7. Three of the books on my 2012 read list contain the word GRACE. I am really hoping to learn more about Grace, to experience grace, and to SHOW grace to those around me this year!!

8. my wonderful ONE WORD button is brought to you by Melanie... go get yours, here!

9. and a paragraph from The Grace Walk Experience "You can't even disappoint God.  Disappointment is the result of an unfulfilled expectation. you expect one thing, but you get something else. You cannot disappoint God because God doesn't expect anything. He already knows everything. He will never say to you, 'I expected something different from you.' He knew. You didn't know, but He knew.

When I say you can't disappoint God, don't think I'm saying it doesn't grieve the heart of your Father when you sin. Of course it does, He hates to see you do things He knows will hurt you. But it didn't surprise Him that you did it. p. 199    See what I learned from this one here!


10. This year I want to...
Live Grace
Give Grace
Experience a life of Grace
Receive Grace
Be Grace

Top Ten {Tuesday}

5 comments:

  1. Thanks again Julie. always a pleasure to read your & God's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love the word "grace"
    I just came across the one word site and have chosen "change" It's already been a struggle but I know I can do this! :-)
    Looking forward to following you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your word for this year. I've got to say I think that my word for this year is "hope." There are so many things that I hope to see happen this year, so many dreams that have been reverberating in my heart. Can't wait to see what God does with this year. Thanks for sharing your word with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Julie Anne! I chose the word Trust this year and I need to write about it like you did. Thank you for the inspiration. I got a button from Melanie too. What a generous gift she gave us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...