Sunday, July 3

Practice in the counting

So I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp ... It's been good for me. Some of what she says resonates with me.  Ch. 3 talks of the importance of naming a thing... "In naming that which is right before me, that which I'd otherwise miss, the invisible becomes visible." Naming... and it brought me back to Psalms, and how David uses his voice... speaks so much out loud.  The other thing she talks about is Practice... "Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation."  I have been practicing... somewhat... I have been discouraged and struggling. Not that I haven't been counting, I am in the 700's already.  However, it has always been a sit down and think about it, a week in review. Instead of listing it each day... even each moment when it happens.  this week, I made more of an effort to right things down, in the moment, in the day... and my list just grew!!

712. homemade raspberry jam from an old neighbor
713. 99cent coconut flavored iced coffee
714. downpour at the park
715. Kids play area @Wegmans
716. making Orange Julius for kids (and for me)
717. Candidate Sunday @ church
718. brownie/ice cream sundaes
719. meals in crockpots
720. Four wheeler rides
721. dressing up for dinner out
722. free babysitting
723. celebrating 13 years of marriage
724. ignoring my alarm
725. connecting w/ an old neighbor
726. daughter helping with dishes
727. hubby making Chocolate chip cookies
728. taking a walk to the mailbox
 
729. 3YO little voice saying "Daddy, look at me" ... and showing off for him
730. kids laughter when playing with dad
731. picking daisises
732. bunnies in the yard
733. Chapter 3 of One Thousand Gifts
734. lightening/ thunder
735. rain stopping to allow me to close chicken coop
736. bedtime prayers
737. updating my Project 365 album
738. blueberry muffins
739. coffee pot timer
740. feeding the chickens with kids
741. time in my craft room


742. kids doing dishes
743. time to talk with Wes
744. a good night sleep
745. 3 little girls snuggled in blankets
746. picnic lunch under the tree
747. making more cards



748. friendship bread cake
749. my house not burning down when I left a candle unattended
750.  Simply Lemonade
751. making Wes breakfast (I don't do that very often)
752. vacuuming the basement
753. white choocloate
754. enjoying my swing
755. white puffy clouds
756. birds singing
757. gentle breezes
758. blue skies and sunshine
759. a love text from Wes
760. pancakes
761. cleaning house... makes me feel so accomplished
762. Kids' grandparents visiting
763. fried pizza
764. Fireworks

765. 3YO facial expressions and conversations

766. kids falling asleep on the way home from fireworks
767. more thunderstorms (God's Fireworks)

still counting, still trying to live daily in the moment!!  This week is family time... Hershey Park, Gettysburg ... and who know what else...  catch you on the flip side!  must go finish packing!!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, girl! You got on a Eucaristeo roll! :)I have a little notebook I keep in my purse that I'm trying to use as my gratitude journal. Some days, I do better than others. Thanks for the encouragement to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...